Pre-listing home inspection
How a pre-listing home inspection can help you sell your home faster and for more money.
Many sellers believe that a home inspection should be paid for by a potential buyer prior to the sale. In reality, buyer inspections often result in a reduced offer and sometimes scare buyers off altogether. Pre-listing home inspections set realistic expectations and prevent surprises that result in costly 11th– hour re-negotiations.
More home sellers are turning to new strategies to sell quickly and at the right price by hiring an inspector before putting a home on the market.
Liz Moore, an expert real estate broker and Small Businessperson of the Year in Newport News, Va., says her firm pays for a pre-listing home inspection for all her sellers. “It’s fair to say that is the reason our listings sell 30% faster than the market average,” she says. And early anecdotal evidence suggests that inspected houses consistently sell for a few thousand dollars more.
The buyer has the upper hand when they have an inspection, says Coldwell Banker consumer specialist and agent Jessica Edwards. If you are willing to do it ahead of time, you give the control back to the seller.
A-Pro’s “Certified Pre-Owned Home” Program
A Certified Pre-Owned Home is a trademarked concept that has been provided by A-Pro since 1997. More than just a pre-listing home inspection, the purpose of this proven program is to provide actual security and value to the buyer of a property and give the seller another marketable selling point for the listing.
Here’s how it works: The seller hires A-Pro to perform a pre-listing inspection. A-Pro completes the inspection, certifies it to the seller, and searches the findings to the new buyer – thus, a Certified Pre-Owned Home. The buyer no longer needs to pay for an inspection of their own because they are already protected against the costs of unexpected repairs.
9 Benefits of a Pre-Listing “Certified Pre-Owned Home”:
- Helps you accurately price the home, which reduces time on the market
- Pre-listing inspections is a proven concept to sell homes faster and for more money
- Prevents unexpected issues that could delay or derail a sale later on
- Gives you time to get reasonably priced contractors or make repairs yourself
- A-Pro inspections highlight positive aspects of a home for added selling points
- Encourages buyer to waive inspection contingency (our guarantee passes to a buyer)
- It may alert you to items of immediate concern (e.g., structural problems)
- Reduces liability by adding professional documentation to the disclosure statement, while passing liability to the insured inspector
- Professional reports help your home stand out among other properties
- “Certified Pre-Owned Home” status provides a strong and marketable selling point in your MLS listing
Any questions at all, just call our friendly long Island home inspection professionals at 631-868- 0499.